- Open Tally Software.
- Select ‘Inventory info’ under ‘Gateway of Tally’.
- Select ‘Stock Items’. Now your screen will look as under:-
Select ‘Create’ under ‘Single Stock Items’. A Screen will appear as under:-
Now, for example you want to create a stock item ‘Leather Shoes (Size-6)’ under ‘Leather Shoes Group’, you have to follow the following procedure:-
- Under Name column write – ‘Leather Shoes (Size-6)’
- In ‘Under’ column select any group from the list of stock groups. In our case, we have to select ‘Leather Shoes’.
- Under Units select ‘Nos.’ from the list of units.
- Fill other columns as per your requirement under supervision of some senior person.
After you fill up all the columns, your screen shall appear as under:-
At last, Tally asks you ‘Yes or No’. Now, wait for a moment and check every detail properly. If every thing is correct then select ‘Y’ key otherwise select ‘N’ key and make the rectification instantly.