To delete unit of measure under Inventory Maintenance in tally, the following procedure is to be followed:-
- Open the Company in which you want to delete the unit of measure. For example, we want to delete some unit of measure in M/s XYZ Limited. So, we will open M/S XYZ Limited.
- Select ‘Inventory Information’ under ‘Gateway of Tally’. Now your screen shall be seen as under:-
- Now, select ‘Alter’. Here, you will see the list of units created by you. The screen at this stage shall be as under:-
- From the above list you find that you have created a unit by mistake and that unit is ‘Liter’. Now, you want to delete the liter from the list of units. You just select the ‘Liter’.
- Now, you can see the complete detail of ‘Liter’.
- Now press ‘Alt + D’ keys. The following screen shall appear after this command:-
- Finally, Tally asks you ‘Yes or No’. Just wait for a moment and be sure that you want to delete the selected units only. If it is correct then press ‘Y’ key otherwise press ‘N’.
Note: Please note that if you have done any entry under any unit, you can not delete that unit unless all the entries under that unit are deleted.