Want a neat trick you can use to make your worksheets more helpful to users? How about adding a pop-up window that displays documentation whenever the cell is selected? To add such a feature, follow these steps:
- Select the cell for which you want the pop-up to appear.
- Choose Validation from the Data menu.
- Make sure the Input Message tab is displayed. (See Figure 1.)
- Make sure the Show Input Message When Cell is Selected check box is selected.
- In the Title box, enter a title for the pop-up window. (This title appears in bold at the top of the pop-up window.)
- In the Input Message box, enter the text of the documentation you want to appear in the pop-up window.
- Click OK.
There are, obviously, other ways you can use the Data Validation feature of Excel to check and limit the data that is entered in a cell. However, if you follow the steps above, all data is still accepted, and Excel displays a helpful message whenever the cell is selected.
Please comment below if you have any query.