We use Insert tab to insert the picture, charts, filter, hyperlink etc. We use this option to insert the objects in Excel. To open the insert tab, press shortcut keys Alt+N.
Insert tab contains 10 (ten) groups:
1. Tables: – We use this option to insert the dynamic table, Pivot table and recommended table. Pivot table is used to create the summary of report with the built-in calculation, and we have option to make our own calculation. Tables make it easy to sort, filter and format the data within a sheet. This option is also having recommended table that means on the basis of data, we can just insert the table as per the Excel’s recommendation.
2. Illustration: – We use this option to insert the Pictures, Online Pictures, Shapes, SmartArt and Screenshot. It means if we want to insert any image, we can use Illustration feature.
3. Apps: – We use this option to insert an app into the document and, in order to enhance the functionality, we can use web option.
4. Charts: –Charts is very important and useful function in Excel. In excel, we have different and good numbers of readymade chart options. We have 8 types of different charts in Excel:- Column, Bar, Radar, Line, Area, Combo, Pie and Bubbles chart. We can insert Pivot chart as well as Recommended chart, and if we don’t know which chart we should insert for the data, we can use this option to fulfil the requirement.
5. Reports: –We use this option to create a better report on the basis of the decisions we take for business. It makes the report more interactive and decipherable.
6. Sparklines: –Sparkline is a very tricky and useful option added by Microsoft Excel. On the basis of a range, it can visualize the trends in a single cell as charts. We have 3 different types of cell charts:- Line, Column and Win/Loss chart.
7. Filters: –We use this option to filter data visually and filter dates interactively. We have 2 options: Slicers and Timeline. We use Slicer to make the fast and easier to filter tables, Pivot tables, Pivot Charts and cube functions. Timeline makes it faster and easier to select time periods in order to filter Pivot Tables, Pivot Charts and Cube function.
8. Links: –
- We use this option to create the link in the document for the quick access to webpage and files.
- We can also use it to access different locations in the document.
9. Text: –We use this option to insert the Text box, Header and Footer, Word art, Signature and objects. We insert Text box to write something in the image format. We use Header and Footer options to place the content on the top and bottom of the page. Word art makes the text stylish. Insert the Add Signature Lines that specify the individual who is supposed to sign it. And object option works for embedded objects, like documents or other files we have inserted into the document.
10. Symbols: – We use this option to insert the symbols and equation. Equation is used to insert the common mathematical equations to your document and also we can add equation by using the mathematical symbols. We use Symbols to insert the symbols which are not on the keyboard and, to create the equation, we use the symbols from here.