Prime Minister Narendra Modi today launched UPI-based digital payment app BHIM. The app is aimed at encouraging digital transactions and increase participation of people in Lucky Grahak Yojana (For retail consumers) and in Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana (For small businesses).
Once installed, follow the below said procedure to activate the app:
* As you open the app, it will prompt you to chose your language – Hindi/English.
* Chose your language and click next
It will ask for access to phone’s SMS and phone’s state to verify it with UPI* Next it will ask for permission to allow the app to make and manage phone calls* Then it will prompt for allowing the app to send and view SMS messages
* Once verified, it will ask you to chose your 4-digit UPI pin code/passcode
* After passcode input, you can choose your bank from 31 listed banks. Below is the list of banks:*After choosing your bank, input your account number or if available in your SMS box, it will automatically detect it.
* Then it will show a screen with options – Send, Request and Scan and Pay.
This means you have successfully set up the app and it is now ready to use.
You can also view your profile, records of transactions and by clicking on Bank Account option, you can reset or change your UPI pin. By clicking on three dots on right top corner, you can change your bank account if you wish to switch to another account from the current one.
Here is the supported bank’s list.
Supported Banks: Allahabad Bank, Andhra Bank, Axis Bank, Bank of Baroda, Bank of India, Bank of Maharashtra, Canara Bank, Catholic Syrian Bank, Central Bank of India, DCB Bank, Dena Bank, Federal Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, IDBI Bank, IDFC Bank, Indian Bank, Indian Overseas Bank, IndusInd Bank, Karnataka Bank, Karur Vysya Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Oriental Bank of Commerce, Punjab National Bank, RBL Bank, South Indian Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, State Bank of India, Syndicate Bank, Union Bank of India, United Bank of India, Vijaya Bank.
DOWNLOAD from below
You can download the app from below but please don’t spread a word of currency check app for this application.
Find below the download link of BHIM (Bharat Interface for Money for Android.
Please comment below if you have any query.