The fastest way to change the amount of space between lines of text or between paragraphs for an entire document is to use the Paragraph Spacing option on the Design tab, which changes both at the same time.
Here below are 3 ways to change the line spacing in Microsoft Office Word.
Set line spacing
- Choose Design > Paragraph Spacing.
- Under Built-In, move your cursor over each spacing option , and notice how the line spacing changes.
- Do one of the following:
- Choose the option you want.or
- If you want to single space your document, choose No Paragraph Space,
NOTE: This overrides the settings of the style you’re currently using. If you decide to return to the original settings, choose Design > Paragraph Spacing and choose the option under Style Set. The option might be Default, as shown above, or it will show the name of the current style.
Change the line spacing in a portion of the document
- Select the paragraphs you want to change.
TIP: If you decide you want to change line spacing for the entire document, and not just specific paragraphs, press Ctrl+A. That combination of keys selects all text in your document.
- Choose Home > Line and Paragraph Spacing.
- Choose the number of line spaces you want or choose Line Spacing Options at the bottom of the menu, and then select the options you want in the Paragraph dialog box under Spacing.If you want to change the spacing before or after the selected paragraphs, in the Before or After box and enter the amount of space that you want.
NOTE: To learn more about these settings, see Adjust indents and spacing.
Change default line spacing
The default line spacing is 1.15 in Word. By default, paragraphs are followed by a blank line and headings have a space above them.
- Choose Home > Line and Paragraph Spacing > Line Spacing Options.
- In the Paragraph dialog box under Spacing, choose an item in the Line spacing drop-down menu to adjust the line spacing.
- Change the paragraph spacing in the Before and After boxes as needed, and then choose Set as Default.
- In the dialog box, choose All documents based on the Normal template > OK.
Please comment below if you have any query.